Sunday, June 12, 2011

Survived week one (again)

I took all of last week off to heal my wounded heart.  My betas only went up to 6500 and they knew that it was another ectopic. The decision to take the shots were the hardest part.  While I knew I had the
"choice", we knew there was no other option.  To wait and see (which was what I wanted to do more than anything), would not have only risked my future fertility but also my life.  That was not an experience that I was ready to relive. Physically this has been easy, too easy.  Part of me wanted physical pain to match the way the rest of me felt.  
I have spent the past week avoiding myself.  I have talked about it, but every other moment I have had, I spent avoiding it.  I have cleaned this place top to bottom and rearranged a couple of rooms.  I know why I am doing this, but I also know I can only run for so long.  Tomorrow I have work, which I am dreading.  I have to come up with an explanation as to why I am not still in training and I am at the point that I don't want to avoid it or lie.  If I did, the only people that I would be protecting is everyone else.  So THEY don't have to be uncomfortable? I can't think of any other reason.    
So, I take another step forward in this journey not knowing where it may lead.  I hope peace comes soon to me and my wonderful husband.  
FX for low betas on Tuesday and a plan next Monday.  

No comments:

Post a Comment